Remove this ad

bigfudge

Danny's Boy

Lead

Jan 25 13 1:27 AM

Tags : :

I've been speaking to a fan of Northwich 1874, a fans team set up for fans disillusioned and angry at the way Northwich Victoria has been run recently.

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=21175 - this explains what has been going on in more detail!

Whilst I don't think it'll go to these extremes with us, a lot of parallels can be drawn with us, mainly the incompetence of the board/chairman!

Either way, all power to them, it's a shame I really like Northwich Vics as well but football is run by the fans and it's good they're voting with their feet!

Shame to see any Cheshire club struggling off the pitch, best of luck to them!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 25 13 2:54 AM

Cheers for the link, Fudgie.

For a club with such a long history, it's a scandal that they are ground-less and having to play their matches all the way down in Stafford. Let's hope that, somehow, they get to come home soon... 

Miracles take a little longer...

Quote    Reply   

bigfudge

Danny's Boy

#2 [url]

Jan 25 13 3:00 AM

Well the guy I was speaking to reckons that with the chairman being foolish and stubborn that Northwich Vics could cease to exist soon and that Northwich 1874 will become the only incarnation of the club!

A little too close to home for my liking, in both senses of the word!

A fan of drinking, singing and wearing Blue and White scarves, sometimes football gets in the way.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 25 13 1:32 PM

clearly horrible for their fans, but a shame in the wider sense as well, in that northwich victoria is a great name of non-league football. plenty of parallels, but i felt most kinship with the more general "there is no quick synopsis which could completely depict the ball of madness that this club has become in recent years".

Quote    Reply   

bigfudge

Danny's Boy

#4 [url]

Jan 25 13 3:07 PM

It just worries me how many of their problems can be applied to us! Whilst I wish them nothing but the best, I would hate to see us get pushed to the point we feel a need to breakaway!

A fan of drinking, singing and wearing Blue and White scarves, sometimes football gets in the way.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help