#21 [url]

Nov 30 13 3:49 AM

Harboro Radio:-
Right on half time, Cliff Akurang heads them into the lead.....:-(

Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Nov 30 13 3:57 AM

Radio Harboro:-
Half time - 2-1. A half of two halves. First 20 mins all County, could have had 2 or 3. They made a double substitution and got more and more into the game. We look good going forward but defensive frailties are there to see. Apparently Stortford paid for us to come down for this match courtesy of theier FA cup takings. Shame the attendence is not very good. Oh well, okay for a burger.....

#27 [url]

Nov 30 13 4:41 AM

too many missed tackles and passes to the opposition for my liking. We look ok going forward but very poor at the back.

#30 [url]

Nov 30 13 4:56 AM

All over. Very entertaining.
(I wonder if Harboro is being honest, or this comment is very sarcastic......)

Remove this ad

bigfudge

Danny's Boy

#32 [url]

Nov 30 13 5:00 AM

According to Twitter, Ormson was lobbed twice, he's simply not good enough, it has to be clear to everyone now!!

Was it as bad as twitter made it out, MHH?

Cheers for the updates anyway!

A fan of drinking, singing and wearing Blue and White scarves, sometimes football gets in the way.

gazza007

Danny's Boy

#33 [url]

Nov 30 13 5:31 AM

Seeing Ormson stood between the sticks at EP has always made me think of Billy Casper in the film 'Kes'.

I think the time has come to realise that he'll never make the grade with us.

gazza007

Danny's Boy

#34 [url]

Nov 30 13 5:32 AM

Many thanks to MHH & Offy & indeed Maccy for forwarding the updates to me.

Cheers, all.

#35 [url]

Nov 30 13 5:36 AM

Re: Bishop's Stortford v County: Friendly Match Thread

gazza007 wrote:
Seeing Ormson stood between the sticks at EP has always made me think of Billy Casper in the film 'Kes'.

Never say never, with him in nets we'll keep falling until we reach his level.

gazza007

Danny's Boy

#36 [url]

Nov 30 13 6:01 AM

downunderhatter
gazza007 wrote:Seeing Ormson stood between the sticks at EP has always made me think of Billy Casper in the film 'Kes'.

Never say never, with him in nets we'll keep falling until we reach his level.

baddum-tish!!

#37 [url]

Nov 30 13 7:53 AM

Safely back home and with a Chinese crispy duck eaten and a can of cider in my hand - I thought I'd pen a few thoughts on today
Firstly it was great to meet fellow Hatters from Ipswich and Bedford and we were made very welcome by all those connected with BSFC - I was especially impressed by the ladies serving burgers whilst quaffing large glasses of white wine!! 

I also heard that BSFC had paid for us to come down and play the game (out of their FA Cup winnings) - just a shame there were only around 250 in the ground

As for the football - quite a strange game to be truthful - first twenty minutes - it was all County, BS didn't seem to touch the ball, how we were only one up I shall never know, we played crisp neat passing (to feet - and our players feet no less) - never troubled at the back - in fact some Hatters said it was the best they'd seen in a couple of months, should have known it would go wrong - we started playing the high ball into attack (all their defenders were over 6 foot), they made 2 changes including bringing on Cliff Akurang, they came more and more into the game, we started to defend more deeply, they harried and hurried us all the time.
Corner swung over - their attacker rose the highest and its 1-1 (really their first shot of all)
BS got stronger and stronger, we got more panicky - and Cliff got the lead with near enough the last kick of the half - definitely a half of two halves.

Second half started - only Jacobs remained for County - 4 of the players did not have numbers on their shirts - so makes it difficult to tell who the new kids actually were! 
5 minutes in we are playing well - Matt Lees pokes home a corner 2-2, great here we go. But no!

Their third goal was super, I had to applaud it myself - in their own half on right - long sweeping ball to the left side (all our defenders had cut in towards the centre), picked up and then neatly chipped over Ormson - nothing he could have done about it
4th was a penalty - it was the far end so all I saw was a player going splat on the ground - referee took a long look and gave it - Ormson dived the wrong way
5th - we are going forward trying to get a goal back, they pinched it, through ball,and he chipped Ormson

I don't think it was a 5 goal mauling in reality, but that's what the score reads, we played well in spells, we actually passed the ball quite well at times but reverted to long ball in air, and poor passing at times, we also missed so many tackles - if they watch the video carefully they will see they were charging in to get the ball and it was calmly slipped past them.

BS are good well drilled side, they play as a team, pass well, work for each other and harry the opposition, but we too played well at times especially I thought Moke, Ryan Jones, and Rhys Turner, and of the new faces (Cowan or Cowie - not sure which) a 6 foot 5 centre half was good and the young lad Blacklet? who played number 11 in the first half seemed to be the pick, but as I say some of them played without numbers so I can't really call them. There were definitely some positives for Mr Lord to work with in the next two weeks

Nice ground - better than Oxford City, nice clubhouse with good beer, and for the plane spotter - great views over the approach into Stansted Airport which was just the other side of the motorway! And yes despite the score I enjoyed the game

Thanks to Offy, Gazza and Macc for posting on the updates - look forward to seeing you all on the other side in the morning
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are but looking after Stockport County for those who follow us!

gazza007

Danny's Boy

#39 [url]

Nov 30 13 9:44 AM

Fantastic report, MHH, cheers for that, and the updates!

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help